The budget is developed throughout the fiscal year which begins on July 1st and ends on June 30th. The following budget related activities occur within the listed general time frames.
July to September
- The combined Financial Planning Council and Strategic Planning Council meetings are held to analyze budget parameters and identify factors that may affect the annual operating budget.
- Financial Planning Council develops parameters for tuition and fee committees.
- Analytical tools are updated and budget assumptions are prepared.
September to December
- Financial Planning Council develops budget guidelines.
- Preliminary forecasts are completed for tuition and fees.
November to February
- Financial Planning Council reviews prior year allocations.
- Vice Presidential or equivalent units submit proposals for funding requests. These include Capital requests, Maintenance & Operating expense budget requests, and requests for additional personnel. See forms for paperwork required and instructions.
January to March
- Board of Regents approves budget guidelines.
- Tuition and Fee forums are held throughout campus.
- Proposed tuition rates/mandatory fees are approved by Council on Post Secondary Education (CPE).
- Unit budget hearings are held.
- Funding notification to units.
May to June
- Units enter budget pool allocations in EKU Direct (Self-Serve).
- Board of Regents approves operating budget.